Wednesday 28 October 2015

Typographic Poster


Using a supplied font in three different pt sizes, I created 3 A3 posters. The first one was designed using just one font size (left), arranging all of the supplied information. I dislike this poster as it's quite boring and has no dimension to it. Also by all of the text being the same font size, it's difficult to navigate clients to the primary information. 
For the second poster (top right), I used two fonts. This is a much nicer effect as you can highlight the primary information and push back the 'less important'. I was highly influenced by the National Portrait Gallery posters, however these posters have portraits/images in the centre of the poster, thus I used the primary information typography to create almost an interesting shape to stand in as an image, while the secondary information is neatly positioned in the corners. 

For the third poster, again inspired by the National Portrait Gallery posters, I used 3 font sizes. This creates a much nicer aesthetic as it's more interesting to look at, but it also helps me as a designer to navigate the audience through the information. Due to this, I feel that the 3rd poster is my favourite, as I like the three levels of important information, and also the aesthetic and composition. 

Primary information:
What?
When?
Where?

Secondary information:
Who?

Tetriary information:
Travel information.